Thought to have been designed around 1880, 30 of these 17’5” 10T wagons were built. They were used to carry all manner of general merchandise. The model is based on information supplied by members of the Cumbrian Railway Association and a drawing by R D Pochin. As originally built, these wagons had single shoe brakes on one side but were subsequently converted to single shoe brakes on both sides of the wagon, probably around the time of the Great War.
Wagons of this type had a long life and examples are known to have been in service in the 1950s, most probably as steel works wagons, or equipment vehicles for internal use.