First built around 1910, this version of diagram 67 with outside framing and no roof door would have formed a substantial part of the Caledonian Railway’s van fleet at the 1923 Grouping. This van was quite long-lived and examples lasted until British Railways in the early 1950s. The design was perpetuated into a vacuum fitted version (not covered by the kit).
Whilst the number built is unknown it is thought to have been many hundreds. They were a common sight in goods yards in industrial Scotland and the northern counties of England, especially on the West Coast route.
At least three have been preserved.