These two diagrams had identical side elevations. H25 was flat ended, 8’6″ wide and ran on 9′ bogies. H33 was bow ended, 9′ wide and ran on 7′ bogies. They were built in 1923/24 and 1925 respectively and all were rebuilt with the more modern sliding vents depicted by this etch. They were self-contained vehicles which did not need to be marshalled next to other open stock and as their width gave good route availability they were mainly used on cross-country services.