Towards the end of the bow ended era Collett produced a number of 60’ designs in a style similar to the earlier 57’ stock. These composite diners were completed to lot 1451 in June 1931. Being self-contained and not needing to be marshalled next to other open stock they were used in general service. Post-war renovation gave them the more modern sliding vents depicted by this etch and they served in premier trains until the advent of the new BR Mk1s caused them to be cascaded to lesser duties. They had flush fitted commode and door handles giving a width of 9’3″ and thus better route availability, and were mainly used on cross-country services.