The Sunshine Stock (also known as ‘new type’) was introduced in 1936 and entered service on premier expresses such as The Bristolian and the Cheltenham Flyer. Subsequently they were cascaded into general service. The name derived from the large picture windows on the corridor side. They had end vestibules and a mix of corridor window sizes with 4′ for 3rd class and 5′ for 1st class. Sliding vents were provided in some corridor windows. These twelve-wheeled diners worked many of the light and cross-country services well into BR days. The cylindrical gas tanks were replaced by BR with propane bottle cabinets.