The Thompson suburban coaches were built between 1947 and 1953. Those built up to 1949 had square corners to the quarterlights rather than the rounded ones depicted by this etch. Numbers of those with square cornered windows are given for those who might wish to file out the radius of the etch as supplied. The underframe, running gear and bodywork were the same as for the steel-panelled non-corridor stock built from 1938 onwards, except that the doors had different ventilators and the quarterlights were deeper. The all third was a straightforward coach with eight compartments, each 6’4″ long.